Technology plays an important part in today’s life. Technology is ubiquitous and a big avenue for investment. One common road that investors take is that of “website flipping”, i.e. the process of buying a website, developing it substantially and selling it for a good profit. Such website flipping is a viable investment option for you because of the high operating margin.
- There is a high demand for it, in the market, owing to the fact that people prefer a readymade website, rather than one that they have to develop from scratch. It saves them a lot of time and effort.
- Secondly, the cost of domain flipping is rising exponentially, thereby making website flipping a viable option for buyers.
The process of website flipping can be complicated for some people and as a beginner you may have questions on how to buy and sell websites for profits. Read on the following steps to get the answer to your question.
- Decide on Your Investment Amount – It is absolutely imperative that you decide on a specific investment value and stick to it. Otherwise, you may overshoot your budget midway. When you are deciding on the amount you want to invest think of how much money you are expecting out of the business. Then try to think of the group size you will need to target to derive such a revenue amount. Once you have chalked out your plan you should be able to make out the investment amount that you require to reach out to the desired target mass. If your purse does not allow it you should preferably not buy the website in the beginning rather than changing your mind midway through the investment process.
- Searching for a Web Portal – Once you make up your mind about the investment cost, you are ready to begin your search for a web portal that best suits your price bracket and other requirements. A web portal is used for accumulating information from varied resources. Information from diverse resources is presented in a unified manner which equips you with a large number of choices while you decide on the web domain you choose. You can look for such websites for sale at internet business listing sites like buysellwebsite.com, bizbuysell.com, websiteproperties.com and etc.
- Checking out the Website – While making your buy, be sure to go for a website that deals with a product or service that has a huge growth potential. For this purpose, reading up on available economy projections is recommended. Herein, you should also ensure that your website’s product or service, of choice, has a niche or narrow product market.
- Existing Traffic on the Website – The next logical step to take is to investigate about the website’s popularity among SEOs. One good way to find out this for sure is to see Google’s Page Rank for a particular website. Following this, it would also be a good idea to find out how much traffic the website gets and its sources.
- Use a Plagiarism Software – The originality of the website’s content is also important, as it ensure unique search engine positioning. Use good plagiarism detection software to judge this element of the website.
- Check the Financials – You must scrutinize the financials of the business, thoroughly. You must always go for sellers, who can give you detailed reports of the website’s expenses and revenues and substantiate these values with site visitation statistics, for 6-12 months’ time period.
- Once you have bought a website which has a lot of traffic your work is not done. You need to continue with the commendable SEO work that has been done to earn revenue and advertise your products. Besides these outlined below are some other answers for your question, how to buy and sell websites for profits. Some techniques you can use are –
- Leverage your Website – After you have bought your website, you need to leverage it. There are many ways of doing this, like adding blogs, incorporating pay-per-click text ads, readjusting the setup of the PPC component. These mostly pertain to content-based websites. In case of Ecommerce websites, you might consider revamping the animation and graphic of the website, in order to give it a sleek feel. Adding more products to the website, would also be a good idea.
- Search Engine Optimization Techniques – In order to improve the SEO listing of the website, one must optimize the site’s Meta tags, copy and internal linking. You can also endorse affiliate programs, newsletters and internet press releases.
The biggest challenge you will face after buying a website with a high page rank is converting the eye balls into revenue. This is a problem that has plagued big names like YouTube and Twitter.