Have you been there before: You receive a check, tuck it safely away, and then fail to deposit a check before the bank shuts. Luckily, you can deposit a check (or even cash) into individual ATMs any time of day or night. And Wells Fargo Bank is one of them. In this blog post, I will guide you on how to deposit a check at Wells Fargo ATM without a card.
If the thought of giving your money to a machine makes you worry—or you’re just not sure how depositing a check into a Bank’s ATM works—the following guide on depositing a check at Wells Fargo ATM may help put your mind at ease.
Wells Fargo Bank Overview
Wells Fargo Bank, a national bank chartered in Wilmington, Delaware, designates its main office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, as a Wells Fargo & Company subsidiary. Wells Fargo Bank is the fourth largest bank in the United States by total assets and is one of the largest as ranked by bank deposits and market capitalization.
Along with JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, and Citigroup, Wells Fargo is one of the “Big Four Banks” of the United States. It has 8,050 branches and 13,000 ATMs.
How To Deposit a Check at Wells Fargo ATM Quickly
Follow the below-mentioned steps to deposit a check at Wells Fargo ATM:
- Insert your bank card and enter your PIN code.
- Choose the ‘Deposit‘ option.
- Now, select which account you’d like the money to be deposited (usually checking or savings).
- Next, the ATM scans your checks, counts your bills, and totals them on screen.
- Confirm the dollar amount you see on the display screen.
- Answer any remaining queries, take your deposit receipt, and make sure you have your bank card before driving or walking away.
If you have multiple bills or checks to deposit, several ATMs allow you to insert them all at once. While other ATMs might direct you to put your deposits in a bank envelope.
How To Deposit a Check at Wells Fargo ATM Without a Card
Wells Fargo Bank has introduced a new technology that allows its smartphone-touting customers to withdraw and deposit cash or checks at its 12,000+ ATMs without inserting their debit cards. Here’s our guide on how to deposit a check at Wells Fargo ATM without a card:
- Customers can log on to their bank’s phone app to request one-time access 8-digit code.
- To obtain a use-once-only code, log in to the Wells Fargo mobile banking app, tap the menu in the upper right corner, and Account Services and Card Free ATM Access.
- Select Get Code, and the app will send you one that will be active for 30 minutes.
- At the ATMs, select Use an Access Code at the lower right of the screen.
- Customers can then input the code and their ATM PIN to access ATM’s main menu options to complete a transaction at the ATMs.
The bank’s new technology echoes its overall sentiment that “the future is cardless.“
Things To Consider While Depositing Check During Non-banking Hours
Here are some basic things to consider whenever you need to deposit cash or check during non-banking hours:
1. Locate an ATM: If your bank has an ATM nearby and accepts deposits, you’ll want to use it. It may help you evade fees and delays accessing your money once it’s deposited. If you’re in a different area or out of the city, you may still be able to deposit checks and cash in an ATM.
Foremost, make sure the ATM takes your type of bank card and that it accepts deposits. For example, small ATMs in convenience stores may only dispense cash, so you must check for a deposit slot. Sometimes, it’s a matter of selecting an ATM in your bank’s network. Wells Fargo Bank, for example, has 12,000 ATMs, which allows its customers to deposit cash or checks in many of its ATMs.
2. Come prepared: When you’re ready to make your deposit in ATMs, collect all of your needed items. Bring your bank debit card & (memorized) PIN, cash (or your signed check), a filled-out bank envelope (only if the ATM needs one), and a pen in case you need to write out anything else. You’ll be well managed, and other customers will thank you who are waiting in line.
3. Be cautious: Before footing up to the ATM, ensure that your surroundings are secure, safe, and well-lit. Keep your cash concealed from view, and never let anyone see your PIN.
4. Follow instructions: Each ATM works slightly differently, but the instructions on the screen will guide you from one step to another. Some ATMs ask you to insert & quickly remove your card, while other ATMs ask you to leave your card in until your transaction is complete.
If you have any questions regarding the Wells Fargo Bank and how to deposit a check at Wells Fargo ATM, do let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When will your ATM deposit be available in your checking account?
Some cash deposits at ATMs might be available right away. As for checks, not all banks pursue the same schedule, but you can generally use or withdraw the full amount in 2-3 business days—sometimes even sooner. Depositing cash or checks at an ATM owned by someone other than your bank may slow your access.
How to deposit any check by banking from home at Wells Fargo Bank?
For banking from home, you may want to look out for your bank’s mobile app, letting you make a deposit in cash or check from your smartphone without leaving the house. After downloading the app on your phone and registering your account, you’ll be able to make deposits just by snapping a picture of the front and back of your check.
What is Wells Fargo Bank ATM deposit time?
Deposits at Wells Fargo ATM made before 9:00 PM local time (8:00 PM in Alaska) on business days are considered received that day. Business days are from Monday through Friday (except holidays).
How much can you deposit at Wells Fargo Atm?
Wells Fargo Bank imposes daily and monthly limits on the total dollar amount of check deposits you can make via mobile banking deposit. The Wells Fargo mobile deposit limit is $2,500 per day and $5,000 over 30 days.
How do I know when my money will be available?
Your deposit receipt generally provides the detail of when the funds will be available to you, including funds that are immediately available, available the next business day, or funds subject to a deposit hold
What is the Wells Fargo ATM check deposit limit?
Wells Fargo ATM will accept up to 30 checks and bills combined, and the ATM does the rest.
Can I cash a check at Wells Fargo ATM without an account?
No. Wells Fargo bank ATMs don’t cash checks. What you can do is deposit the check into your account and withdraw cash.
What is the largest check amount you can deposit at Wells Fargo ATM?
There is no dollar limit on the amount in which you can deposit via a check at a Wells Fargo Bank ATM.
How do I increase my daily deposit limit to Wells Fargo?
To request to increase or decrease your Wells Fargo bank card’s daily dollar limits, contact the bank, and they’ll check on eligibility. Call the number on the back of your card or talk to a banker at a Wells Fargo branch to make the request.
Can I deposit a 3rd party check at Wells Fargo?
No. You cannot deposit a check made payable to someone else and deposit it into your account. Wells Fargo has stopped taking third-party checks. The person to whom the check is made payable needs to be there with a valid ID.
Is there a limit to how much money you can deposit into an ATM?
Most ATMs accept unlimited dollar amounts but restrict the number of items a customer can deposit. Bank of America allows ATM users to deposit about 10 checks or 40 bills at a time. Numerous banks impose a surcharge on business customers who deposit large cash.
Can I deposit cash at Wells Fargo ATM for Bank of America?
These banks and credit unions don’t let you deposit cash at any ATM. Bank of America: Deposits can only be made at Bank of America-branded ATMs. Withdrawals, transfers, and balance inquiries can be made from other ATMs, though a $2.50 fee from BofA will likely apply to an ATM-owner surcharge.
Can I verify the accuracy of my deposit before completing the transaction?
Yes. You can see each check and the amount on-screen for instant verification. For cash deposits, you’ll see a count of each denomination.
What should I do if I experience problems depositing?
Problems with Envelope-Free ATMs are rare, but if you do experience difficulties please visit your local store during business hours or call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
Can I use an envelope for my deposits?
No. Insert cash and checks directly into the Envelope-Free ATM. ATM screen instructions will guide you through the deposit process.
Note: Please make sure the checks are face up with the account number line on the right.