What you need to know
- Google has introduced the most up-to-date Android 13 beta update.
- The update includes slight bug fixes associated to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS connectivity.
- The update is at the moment rolling out to Pixel smartphones.
Roughly two weeks immediately after releasing the remaining important beta for Android 13, Google has introduced a tiny update to Beta 4 with many bug fixes.
The update arriving on Monday appears to resolve some connectivity troubles with Pixel phones running the Android 13 beta. These have to do with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and even GPS challenges, while one take care of is relevant to dropped Google Meet up with phone calls although driving.
You can watch the complete list of bug fixes beneath from the launch notes:
- Set an concern that prevented an app from enabling or disabling Bluetooth if it failed to have the
BLUETOOTH_Connectpermission, even even though the app was focusing on an API stage where the permission is not demanded.
- Mounted issues that at times brought about a unit to crash and reboot when connecting to selected WiFi networks.
- Preset an difficulty wherever Fulfill connectivity could drop when driving.
- Preset an challenge the place the procedure could improperly interpret GPS facts.
Although Beta 4.1 arrives with some fixes, Google notes that some recognised problems continue to apply to the Android 13 beta in this make. That incorporates a dilemma with the fingerprint sensor “on some gadgets” failing to authenticate customers in dazzling daylight, between other issues with applications, Android Auto, and Android Television.
Because Beta 4 is the ultimate important make for Android 13 right before the steady launch, Google is fundamentally putting the ending touches on the system and ironing out some ongoing concerns. As with earlier betas, we expect a couple much more updates to get there in the coming times or weeks. That stated, we are only “a couple weeks away” from the secure rollout, which is much faster than the Android 12 start.
If you individual a Pixel machine from the Pixel 4 to the Pixel 6 and 6 Professional, you can verify for the update by navigating to Settings > Technique > Software program update, then tap Test for update, though observe that it might choose some time to roll out to absolutely everyone.