The Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie feature can help you stay in contact with friends or find someone in a crowded area. However, if your Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie isn’t working, you’ll have difficulty reaching your companions! We’ve compiled a list of common solutions to help if the Walkie-Talkie app stops functioning properly or if you’re having trouble with set up.
Initial Steps to Fix Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie Not Working
For more nifty Apple Watch tips, sign up for our free Tip of the Day Newsletter. Sometimes the solution is very simple! If the Walkie-Talkie on your Apple Watch is not working, I recommend starting with the quick fixes below to see if they resolve your issue.
- The answer might be as simple as a minor software glitch. Because of this, you’ll want to try restarting your Apple Watch.
- Because your Walkie-Talkie app is linked to your iPhone, you’ll also want to restart your iPhone.
- If you’re having trouble connecting with others, you will want to check that your Walkie-Talkie app is enabled so that you are available to chat on the app. To check this, swipe up on your Watch Face and tap the Walkie-Talkie icon to turn it on. (The icon is yellow when enabled and gray when disabled.)
- Check which version of Apple Watch and watchOS you are using. Walkie-Talkie is only available on Apple Watch Series 1 and newer, and watchOS 5.3 and later. Additionally, your iPhone software will need to be running iOS 12.4 or later.
- Check your Apple Watch internet connection. Your Apple Watch needs to be connected to Wi-Fi or cellular in order to use Walkie-Talkie.
Related: Apple Watch Won’t Update? Fix it Quick (2022)
Troubleshoot Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch Not Working
If none of the solutions above resolved your issue, there might be an underlying problem in your settings. Below, we’ve outlined a few different solutions you can try. These can be used if the app itself is not functioning properly or if your Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie invite isn’t working.
Check That FaceTime Is Activated & That You’re Signed In
People don’t often realize that FaceTime is required to use the Walkie-Talkie app. While this feature is usually activated upon setting up your iPhone for the first time, you may have missed it or turned it off by mistake. To check whether FaceTime is enabled on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap FaceTime.
- If not already enabled, tap the toggle to turn on FaceTime. (The toggle is green when enabled.)
- If the toggle is on, but you are not signed in, tap Use your Apple ID for FaceTime. You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Make sure your phone number and any emails associated with your Apple ID are selected and have a blue checkmark next to them.
Turn FaceTime Off & On Again If Walkie-Talkie Not Working
Sometimes the simplest solutions offer the best results. Turning FaceTime off and on again can help fix your Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap FaceTime.
- Tap the FaceTime toggle to turn it off, and tap it again to turn it back on.
Delete & Re-install the Walkie-Talkie App
If you can’t find the Walkie-Talkie app on your Watch, you might have accidentally deleted it. Even if you can find it, deleting and re-installing the app can be a great way to resolve minor glitches. To do this, you’ll first need to delete the app from your Apple Watch. Then, follow the steps below to install the Walkie-Talkie app on your Apple Watch.
- On your Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown to bring up your home screen.
- Tap the App Store.
- Tap the Search field and type in Walkie-Talkie.
- Tap the cloud icon next to the Walkie-Talkie app to re-install it.
Once you’ve re-installed the app, try using it again to see if this has resolved your issue. If not, continue to the solutions below.
Delete & Re-install FaceTime on Your iPhone
Deleting and re-installing the FaceTime app on your iPhone can also help to resolve issues with the Walkie-Talkie. Because the Walkie-Talkie app uses FaceTime to communicate, a functioning FaceTime app is required. When you delete the FaceTime app, your Walkie-Talkie app will likely temporarily disappear from your Apple Watch. Don’t worry! When you download FaceTime again, the Walkie Talkie app will re-appear on your Apple Watch.
- Tap and hold the FaceTime app.
- Tap Delete App.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Search for FaceTime and tap the cloud icon next to the app to re-install it.
Walkie-Talkie Connection Failed? Delete & Re-add a Friend
If your watch is not connecting to a specific friend you want to talk to, you may need to delete them from your friends list and re-add them. If you delete them, you will need to send another invitation to add them to your friends list. Once they accept the invitation, you can try talking again. Follow the steps below to delete and add a friend on your Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie.
- On your Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown to bring up the home screen.
- Tap the Walkie-Talkie app.
- Swipe left on your friend, and tap the red X icon.
- Scroll through your contacts and tap the friend you want to re-add.
An invitation will be sent to your friend. Once they accept your invitation, their contact card will turn yellow, indicating that they are available to chat.
Hopefully, one of the solutions above will help to resolve any issues that are causing Walkie-Talkie to not work on your Apple Watch. However, if you are still having problems with the app, you may need to contact Apple Support or visit the nearest Apple Store.