Table of Contents
As a follow-up to the recently announced OS 11.5 update, Roku is also introducing two new products for 2022 in their product line-up; a new version of the Roku Express and a second subwoofer, the Roku Wireless Bass.
Let’s find out what they offer.
The 2022 edition of the Roku Express has been upgraded with Dual-Band Wi-Fi for more stable wireless network/internet connectivity. This enables users to take full advantage of the 5,000+ streaming channels that Roku has to offer.
- Model: 3960R
- Output Resolution: Up to 1080p (Upscaling from 720p is provided).
- Networking: 802.11b/g/n dual-band Wi-Fi® (2.4 GHz/5 GHz)
- Connections: HDMI® and Micro USB (power only),
- Audio Support: Digital stereo (PCM), DTS Digital Surround™, and Dolby Audio pass through over HDMI
- Remote control: Roku standard IR remote with channel shortcut buttons.
- Dimensions (HWD): 0.75 x 3.0 x 1.5 inches (19.0 x 76.2 x 38.1 mm)
- Weight: 1.1 ounces (31.1 g)
In The Box
- Roku Express streaming player
- Remote with pre-set channel shortcut buttons
- Two AAA batteries
- USB power cable
- High-Speed HDMI® Cable
- Removable adhesive strip for mounting (You can attach the Roku Express to the back of your TV if desired).
Pricing & Availability
The Roku Express is available for pre-order at Roku.com for $29.99 and will be available through major retailers on October 16.
Roku Wireless Bass
Building on Roku’s current, and successful Wireless Subwoofer which has been renamed the Wireless Bass Pro), the Roku Wireless Bass has a more compact design and lower price ($129.99 vs $179.99).
In addition to providing deep bass to your TV viewing and music listening experience, being wireless you can place the Wireless Bass anywhere in your room where it sounds best. The only limitation is that you do need to be near a power outlet in order to power the subwoofer’s built-in amplifier and audio signal receiver.
Tip: The Roku Wireless Bass works with the Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, or Roku TV already paired with Roku Wireless Speakers. It does not work with the Roku TV only or with Roku streaming players.
- Model: 9203R
- Design: Front-firing with rear-mounted port
- Speaker Driver: 5.25-inches
- Power Output: 60 W RMS/120 W Peak
- Frequency Response: 50 – 200 Hz
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 90 dB
- Networking: 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi® (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz)
- Dimensions (HWD): 13.7 x 6.7 x 12.4-inches (348 x 170 x 315 mm)
- Weight: 11.3 lbs (5.1 kg)
Pricing and Availability
TCL Adds New Roku TV Models For 2022
Rocky Times At Roku In Q2 2022: Is Digital Streaming In Trouble?
Roku Partners With Element On Their First Outdoor TV
Roku Takes You Into The “Live TV Zone”
Roku Streaming Stick 4K and 4K+ Deliver a World of TV Support